I’m not a reader. That is to say, you wont find me by the fire devouring the latest releases. I enjoy reading the Word of God and material that leads me into a deeper relationship with Him although I’m choosy within that topic.
I believe that the Word of God is my best teacher on the subject of worship but I do love to glean, now and then, from those who have something especially meaty to say on the subject.
I have read several books on worship that I recomend highly:
- Face Down/ Matt Redman
- Living a Life of True Worship/ Kay Arthur
- Planted by the Water/ Chris Falson
- Worship and Music Ministry/ Rick Ryan, Dave Newton/Chuck Smith (out of print)
- The Ultimate Priority/ John MacArthur, Jr.
- Worship Rediscovering the Missing Jewel / Allen and Borror
- Real Worship/ Wiersbe
I’d have to say that none and all of these are my favorite books on worship. None, because I couldn’t just pick one and say that it’s the best. All, because I believe that each one contributes something eternal and imparts a tremendous gift to the reader.
So,… what are some of the worship books in your library?